Haven’t had lunch and your food looks so good it is making me hungry. Can’t wait to make the Pork Chops with Pear & Ginger Sauce.
That mound of apples and that mound of pears looked so beautiful at the market, so who could resist bringing them home. Now what to do with all this delicious fruit before it goes bad?
Here are a few ideas.
Apple Cinnamon Scones
Makes 12 scones
- 2 3/4 cups Self-Rising Flour (flour that contains baking powder and salt)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Apple Pie Spice or ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) cold butter
- 2 apples, peeled, in 1/2″ pieces
- 3/4 cup cinnamon chips
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- Topping: milk and cinnamon sugar
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and apple pie spice.
Work in the butter with your fingers or a pastry blender just until the mixture is crumbly. Stir in the chopped apple and cinnamon chips.
In a separate mixing…
View original post 874 more words