Love this Italian Cantaloupe Salad recipe
It is 90 degrees outside and you are thinking, “ I am not turning on the oven and heating up the house”. No need. There are plenty of light, delicious meals that you can serve cold or at room temperature for those hot summer days and nights. The Summer is filled with great seasonal foods like peaches, berries, melon, tomatoes, corn, bell peppers and cucumbers – all of which help keep us hydrated and cool during the heat. Turn these summer gems into light, easy meals.
Italian Cantaloupe Salad
This makes a great lunch. Just add a few bread sticks.
- 1/2 medium cantaloupe, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 10 basil leaves, sliced thin
- 12 Italian green olives
- 6 small sweet pickled Italian cherry peppers, diced
- 1/4 red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup diced provolone cheese (or any cheese you like)
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon red wine…
View original post 721 more words