I love Kale but never considered it with mashed potatoes, must try this.
Below is a dinner we had last week that makes use of “in season” produce: cabbage and Italian kale. It also demonstrates my frugal habits.
Italian Stuffed Cabbage
This dish goes well with mashed potatoes. I served Mashed Potatoes with Kale to make the dish a bit healthier, plus we like mashed potatoes mixed with greens. Swiss chard also works well. See the recipe below.
Makes 8 rolls
- 1 large head of cabbage
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef, turkey or chicken
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- ¼ cup dried Italian bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup cubed mozzarella cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups strained or crushed Italian tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- Salt and…
View original post 420 more words