Minted Strawberries with White Wine
* 6 cups strawberries
* 1 cup sugar
* 2 bunches fresh mint (1-1/2 oz.)
* 2 to 3 cups dry white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc
* Fresh mint sprigs
1. Halve large berries; leave hulls on a few berries. Place berries in a large bowl; sprinkle with sugar and cover bowl with plastic wrap. Let stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour, stirring once or twice.
2. Remove mint leaves from one bunch of mint. Stack 6 to 8 leaves together; roll the stacked leaves. Slice across the roll to create narrow strips. Repeat with remaining leaves. Add the shredded mint to strawberries just before serving.
3. To serve, evenly divide the minted berries and juices among 8 glasses; pour wine over berries until just covered. Garnish with mint sprigs. Makes 8 servings.
For a nonalcoholic version, use white grape juice instead of wine and reduce the sugar to 2 tablespoons.
Recipe from BHG