Looks good, great idea for the butternut squash
You may recall that I posted recipes over the past few weeks for Butternut Squash Gratin and Braised Steak. Naturally we had plenty leftover, so I created a few new ways to use the leftovers other than just heating them up again.
Butternut Squash Gnocchi
- 2 cups leftover butternut squash gratin
- See recipe: https://jovinacooksitalian.com/2016/10/03/what-is-in-season-in-october/
- 1/2 cup whole milk ricotta
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups cake flour, Italian “00” flour or all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup grated parmesan or pecorino cheese
- Black pepper to taste
- 12 sage leaves, sliced
Combine the butternut squash gratin, ricotta, egg and salt together in a large bowl. Add 2 cups of the flour and mix well with your hands.
Add the remaining flour — the dough should be sticky, but pliable enough to shape into a large log. Wrap the log in plastic wrap and…
View original post 508 more words