Tomato Salad with Herbed Ricotta Cheese
Serve with crusty Italian Bread
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 pounds tomatoes, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup torn fresh basil leaves
Combine oil, vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and garlic in a bowl, stirring with a whisk.
Combine ricotta and 2 tablespoons minced basil in a bowl, stirring with a whisk. Arrange the tomato slices on a platter; sprinkle with the remaining salt, pepper and torn basil leaves.
Drizzle oil mixture over the salad. Dollop ricotta mixture evenly over tomato slices. Serve.
Grilled Porterhouse Steak
- 1 porterhouse steak, about 1…
View original post 595 more words