APRIL 05, 2021 BY MELANIE BARNUM~ READ TIME: 8 MINS
So often it feels like we get up every day and go put in an entire 8-10 hours like a worker drone. We are putting the time and energy in but getting little satisfaction from it. Whether it’s from a lack of interest in what we are doing or it’s because we are merely working to pay the bills, it rarely will make you happy. The old adage, “If you love what you do, you’ll never work a day in your life” is true. It’s time to enjoy what you are giving so much of your life to! No more merely punching a clock for you—oh no, you are ready to tap into your desires and begin a career that makes you appreciate every day.
Your happiness is crucial to your health and wellness. That’s why using your intuition to help guide you to your best possible career can be your greatest asset. We use our intuition all the time—the difference now will be that you’ll utilize it intentionally. Recognizing and acknowledging that your intuitive wisdom will help you to discern something allows you to better pay attention to the visceral reactions you’ll attain when you practice purposefully. Activating your natural ESP, or extrasensory perception, becomes much easier without the need to focus on the process so we keep it simple in the beginning. However, simple does not mean small. Go into the exercise below without any preconceived notions of what you should feel or what messages or information you are supposed to receive. That can work against you and tend to make you feel blocked from any impressions you may have. Instead, be open to your own intuitive abilities, with a little help from the energy of the universe, leaving behind any judgment, fear, or self-doubt.
So, what would make you want to go to work, want to put in the hours that would feed your soul instead of depleting it? Who but you would know what would make your spirit soar? You want to do something that makes your heart sing, but that also gives you the opportunity to be productive and pay your bills and help support your family. So, how do you figure out what that would be? And how do you make it happen? Well, first, you read my newest book, Intution at Work, and then, you start taking your life and your intuition to the next level!
One of the best ways to begin understanding what makes you feel successful in business is to determine what you love and what you’re good at and what you want to do. This, so often, can be a difficult task, so let’s break it down into a few, rather simple, steps using your natural intuitive gifts. We will call them the What, the Where and the How.
- The What. Think about the following and visualize in your mind’s eye, using your clairvoyant, or clear sight, intuitive sense to discover what your answers are:
- What do you enjoy?
- What do you dislike?
- What goals did you have before you were told you needed to just work and make money?
- If you could do anything in the world, anything at all, and make money at it, what would it be?
- The Where. Decide whether you want to stay in your current field of business and move up the career ladder or if you want to change altogether. In order to do that, sometimes it helps to use your clairsentient abilities, or to sense how something makes you feel. So, take a deep breath and think about the following questions one at a time, breathing before each. Pay attention to whether something feels good or bad, or right or wrong in your body. You may feel a heaviness or a lightness, depending on if it feels bad or good. How does it feel when you contemplate whether to:
- Stay in your current job?
- Stay in your line of work?
- Change companies?
- Open your own business?
- Change your entire career to something new?
- The How. Making it happen is sometimes the easiest part of the equation, when you use your intuitive guidance system to help you. Let’s look at how you can get there by using a mix of your clairvoyance, your clairsentience, and your claircognizance, that intuitive ability to just know something you have no reason to know. You will also throw in some manifestation, because why not? Manifesting is the ability to create something out of nothing, or to bring about that which you’ve asked for from the universe to help you better yourself. And it’s easier than you may think.
- Allow yourself to relax, in a comfortable and non-disturbed space.
- Breathe, and feel your body calming down as you focus on how your breath feels as it passes through your body. Inhale in positive energy around the new position, and exhale any negative thoughts you may have attached to what you are doing now but no longer like. Continue to focus on your breathing until you feel like you’ve let go of all negativity.
- Now that you’ve discovered what it is you want to do, whether it’s staying at your current place and moving up or making a complete change, it’s time to manifest that. Focus on what your goal is, breathing it in and truly feeling yourself in that position. Imagine living your greatness, doing what makes you happy. See it, feel it, even hear any sounds associated with it by listening with your clairaudience or your intuitive hearing.
- See, in your mind, the logistics of what having that new position would mean and the possible steps you need to accomplish it. For instance, if you are currently a lawyer but have always wanted to be a social worker, you need additional schooling. Focus on what the name of the college would be or how you’d take the classes—via in person or online, etc. Ask aloud who you need to talk to in order to move up or switch jobs in your current business (if that’s what you want to do) and expect to hear or just know the answer. Based on what you have decided, there are many questions you can ask and expect to receive a response—though you may have to wait a day or two to get it or understand it.
- Now comes the big ask. Ask the universe to put you on the path, soon, that will bring your desire, your vision, to fruition. Believe it can happen and that you will be presented with a variety of opportunities in the not-so-distant future. Then, and this is the hardest part, let it go. Know that it will happen if it is for your greatest good and don’t try and figure out how it may come to be. Be present in your life—participating in it to help the universe manifest it. In other words, if you get a phone call from an employment agency asking if you want to change jobs, take the call. Or, if you see an opportunity to take a workshop or class that can increase your skills in the career you have or want, take it. Just because the universe is helping you to manifest it doesn’t mean you sit it out. It simply means that you don’t have to worry about how it will happen. And, thank the universe, and your spirit guides who are always around to assist you, for understanding and knowing what you want and what you need and bringing it to you.
Now that you’ve run through the steps, it’s time to be realistic. You may not have felt 100% connected to all of the steps and everything you did. That is totally okay! Think of it like riding a bike for the first time without training wheels. It can feel a bit scary and make you uneasy; you’re not quite sure how it will all come together or may even fear that you’ll be able to do it at all. But, when you are able to let go of the fear and trust that you are born with natural instincts, you’ll realize that you are meant to do this. Just like using your intuition—you are meant to succeed. And, as with using the training wheels, it’s okay to take it slow. You will probably not be able to see or feel or know or hear everything immediately but be open to the possibility that you will receive information soon. Sometimes it will show up in the form of a sign or a synchronistic event within a day or two. Or it may come to you in a flash like a polaroid picture seemingly out of the blue or a song resonates with you in a way that makes you think it just may be an answer to what you’re working on. Pay attention to these moments, these intuitive clues. Have faith that it is most likely the easiest way for you to recognize the intuitive information.
Using your intuition at work and in your personal life can bring you beyond where you are now in so many ways. Thinking of it as a tool in your toolbox of skills can help normalize it for you. It can increase your processing of information as well. Adding this tool to your intelligence, that you also work every day to increase and develop, helps you nourish your mind, body, and spirit. Changing your mindset to one of belief that there is a power within you that can help propel you to a place where you’re tuning in on a regular basis instead of tuning out is the greatest gift you can give yourself. So accept it, in the midst of all of the chaos in the world, embrace your gifts. They are, after all, your birth right and are waiting for you to step into your intuitive power!
COPYRIGHT 2021 Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd. All rights reserved
2 thoughts on “Tuning In to Your Career Instead of Tuning Out at Work: 3 Easy Steps to Use Your Intuition to Get Ahead”