Do you ever find yourself feeling overwhelmed by the stresses of living an inner-city life? To help, Insulation Express have uncovered how to get the ‘off-grid’ lifestyle whilst living in a city.
4 Simple Steps to Switching to an ‘Off-grid Lifestyle’
- Instead of relying on electricity, install solar panels. With government grants and incentives, the installation fee can also be minimal and will cut down your utility bills.
- Switch your gas system to a wood-burning stove. This will reduce particle emissions by 90%.
- Remove your broadband and instead rely on the free Wi-Fi available in coffee shops and public places. We’re so used to being “connected” everyday but by switching off sometimes, this allows you to be more mindful of your surroundings.
- Consider water-saving techniques such as shorter showers and ordering a free water-saving kit from your local water authority. This gives back to the environment and is a cost-cutting technique.
Going ‘Off-Grid’ Helps Maintain Your Mental Health:
- Reduces your social isolation
- Improves your physical and mental health
- Boosts your self-esteem and confidence
- Increases your resilience
- Improves your sleeping pattern
- Reduces anxiety