Recipe for Lammas/Lughnasadh: Lammas/Lughnasadh is the beginning of the harvest cycle and rests on the early grain harvest, Recipes for bread and that use , grains, potatoes, summer squash, berries and apples are traditional at this time of year.
Skillet Scalloped Corn
* 2 teaspoons butter
* 1/2 cup crushed rich round, wheat, or rye crackers
* 1 11-ounce can whole kernel corn with sweet peppers, drained
* 1 7- to 8.75-ounce can whole kernel corn with sweet peppers, whole kernel corn, or white (shoepeg) corn, drained
* 2 1-ounce slices process Swiss cheese, torn
* 1/3 cup milk
* 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
* Dash ground black pepper
1. For topping, in a 10-inch skillet melt butter over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of the crushed crackers to the skillet. Cook and stir until light brown. Remove topping; set aside.
2. In same skillet combine remaining crushed crackers, corn, cheese, milk, onion powder, and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until cheese melts. Transfer to a serving dish; sprinkle with topping. Makes 4 servings.