Happy Labor Day to you. Love the Almond Shortcake recipe.
Labor Day was created as an annual celebration of workers and their achievements. In the past, Labor Day was seen as a kind of “workingmen’s holiday,” and the first Monday in September was designated for its celebration. Today, Labor Day is seen as the last long weekend of summer and friends and families gather at picnic grounds or in their backyards to bid farewell to the season.
Here are some recipes to help you celebrate.
Rub Mixture Ingredients
- 1/4 cup sweet paprika
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried onion
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 St. Louis-cut or spare rib racks, about 2 lbs
- Peach BBQ sauce, heated, see recipe link
Mix all the rub ingredients together and…
View original post 755 more words