Great idea and it taste good too
These black sesame shortbread rune cookies look like beautiful stone runes but are also absolutely delicious to eat. I am so excited to be sharing this recipe, which comes from a book I’ve been loving, Kyotofu: Uniquely Delicious Japanese Desserts by Nicole Bermensolo and Elizabeth Gunnison Dunn. It’s published by Running Press.
The recipe in Kyotofu is just for straightforward black sesame shortbread cookies, a fantastic recipe, and then I took it a step further and turned these cookies into runes. Now, I don’t know much about runes or rune divination, so bear with me here and I welcome any corrections in the comments section.
You’ll need the following ingredients:
- 2.5 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of toasted black sesame seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted softened butter
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon whole milk (I used soy milk…
View original post 832 more words