Welcome back to National Parks & other public lands with T! If you are seeing this on Twitter or Facebook, please visit the blog to see all of the photos and read the story by clicking the link.
After our tubing expedition with Kauai Backcountry Adventures, we began our tour of Kauai’s North shore. Our first stop was the ʻŌpaekaʻa Falls overlook. This waterfall is visible from the highway…no need to hike.
ʻŌpaekaʻa is Hawaiian for ‘rolling shrimp.’ The falls are 151 feet high and flow year round into the Wailua River in Wailua River State Park. We could see birds flying near the cascading water.
- Wailua Falls
- Lihue Plantation Hanama‘ulu Ditch
- ʻŌpaekaʻa Falls
- Wailua River State Park Coming Soon
- Mount Waiʻaleʻale Coming Soon
- Fuji Beach Coming Soon
- Moloa’a Beach Coming Soon
- Kīlauea Point National Wildlife Refuge Coming Soon
- Kīlauea Lighthouse Coming Soon
- Hanalei National Wildlife Refuge Coming…
View original post 108 more words