* Nonstick cooking spray
* 8 cups peeled, seeded winter squash (such as butternut or acorn), cut into 1-inch cubes
* 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
* 1/4 cup apple juice or apple cider
* 2 tablespoons olive oil or cooking oil
* 1 tablespoon brown sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg or ginger
* 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Coat a 3-quart rectangular baking dish with cooking spray. Add the squash and onion; toss to combine. In a small bowl combine the apple juice, oil, brown sugar, salt, nutmeg, and black pepper; pour over vegetables.
2. Bake in a 450 degree F oven about 35 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring twice. Makes 8 servings.