The Zucchini and Fennel looks yummy, I will give the recipe a try. I am always looking for something new to do with zucchini.
Italian Style Meatloaf
This dinner can serve 8. Less and you have plenty of leftovers or the makings for a few sandwiches. I add lots of vegetables to my meatloaf and, of course, lots of Italian flavors. Meatloaf freezes well and I usually cut extra slices off the loaf to freeze individually to use at a later date. Just defrost overnight in the refrigerator.
- Half a sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups tomato (marinara) sauce, divided
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (I use grass-fed beef)
- 1 cup Italian flavored dried bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs, beaten slightly
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
View original post 228 more words